August 13, 2010

Softly, softly

Tendrils of mist float dreamily by,
softly brushing the darkening sky.
Diamonds sparkle in the twilight,
winking and blinking through the night.

Dew slowly rises to kiss each blade,
while sweetly, quiet dreams are made.
As darkness fills my sleepy eyes,
a glimpse of light shoots 'cross the skies!

I quickly turn to look afar,
hoping to wish upon a shooting star.
But, alas, the clouds of gentle rain,
have covered the star studded plain.

Maybe tomorrow I'll be blessed,
to see the sky with light caressed,
Once more as bits of dust ignite,
to bring the spectacle in sight.

Meteors streaking across my view,
hopefully watching for just a few.
I wonder if you'll see them too,
sparkling, twinkling just for you.

Wishes float like dandelion fluff,
to see a few is not enough.
I've wishes far more plentiful,
than the one or two I've sent up full,

Of hope and dreams I've kept inside,
sometimes filled with foolish pride.
Only pondering deep within my heart ,
and knowing I must do my part,

To make the dreams my reality,
by striving for the dear quality,
Of life that only faith can bring,
is the thought to which I cling.

You see, its the things I admire,
toward which I strive to aspire,
when I pursue them with a drive,
that makes me glad to be alive.

Spurred by peace that passes,
all understanding and blesses,
Me with many wishes fulfilled.
My heart's desires gently milled,

To match the goodness in store.
Silly me, to wish for more,
When all that I could ever need,
should be enough to slake my greed.

The early glow of dawn brushes the sky.
Sweet songs of morning make me sigh,
Birds a-twitter with early chores,
Animals scurry outside their doors.

With anticipation for another day,
filled with love and work and play.
I've more blessings than I deserve,
from my course I'll not swerve.

As I think of all that belongs to me,
it becomes much easier to see,
Counting the blessings that are mine,
I have nothing for which to pine.


Again I'll watch with wide-eyed glee,
as searching through the skies I'll see,
The split-second flare of distant light,
as another meteor comes in sight.

The, "Ooo's" and "Awww's" of childlike faith,
for awhile, keep the vigilant awake,
while younger heads begin to nod,
in drooping, peaceful, quiet applaud.

I'll leave the wishing for tonight,
knowing slumber will win the fight.
And drifting slowly off to sleep,
softly, softly my dreams I'll keep.



1 thoughts about my meanderings:

Jenny said...

Oh, this is so beautiful.

I feel the poignancy of your pain here.

Sending you a giant hug.

Popular Meanderings