August 24, 2010

In the Still of the Night

It's so quiet.  The night air is chilly for an August evening.  Looks like the forecast is predicting sunny weather tomorrow. We've had rain for days...
In the quiet, I become more thoughtful...more, I don't know....Lots to think about and wonder about...and worry about.

My college girl had a strange experience the other day.  I'm sure I won't get it exactly right but basically, she saw a guy and a girl on the bus.  Then she ran into them at the theater.  The fellow approached her and apologized but said he couldn't help it...he needed to ask her something.  So he told her to say the first thing that popped into her head when he said a word. So reluctantly, she did this twice and both times he launched into a sermon.  After he'd finished he asked the girl if she had anything to add.  She told my daughter that all she had to say was that soon she would lose everything she had but it would be ok because it would bring her closer to God.  So, yeah...that was a little disconcerting.

There's a kind of hush that fills the space with a thickness that feels almost oppressive. Maybe it's because I'm so wide awake.  I wish I could turn the questions off until the morning but I don't think I can for a while.

I miss my sweet girl!  She had her voice audition today and her range is nearly 2 -1/2 octaves!  She just has a few details to work out with voice lessons and her theater credits but I think once she's in the swing of her schedule she'll be fine.  This Saturday, she's riding a bus from school to Washington D.C. for the Restoring Honor Rally at the Lincoln Memorial.  It should be a blast!  We're praying for a safe trip and a beautiful day.  I'm a little worried because she doesn't know if there are any other people on the trip that she knows.  What if she gets separated from the group?  I know, I know, I'm a worrying mom.  But hey, it's my job!!!

It's kinda lonely.  Everyone else has gone to bed and I'm still wandering around pondering my meanderings.  I think if I tried to read, I'd just drift off into my own thoughts.  Maybe a movie?  We'll see.
Wondering about how things are going and what's happening.  Kinda have a weight on my mind about a few things.  All stuff I can't change so I should just let it go but I can't.  So I'm praying.

Started working on upcycling some old wool sweaters but had to put it aside for awhile.  I should work on them again.  I have some ideas but I haven't figured the pattern out yet.  I'll post pictures once they're finished if they turn out.  I've seen some really interesting ideas and some really blah ones so I hope I can come up with a nice pattern.

Well, I could just ramble on and on about next to nothing because my mind is flying 90 mph.  Guess I'll try to get some rest.

Sweet dreams.

2 thoughts about my meanderings:

Missy said...

Haha!! I just read this today.. I wish I would have seen it before she went. I wonder if she took the "can":)

Sharon said...

Rats! I forgot to send it along! ;)

Popular Meanderings