September 1, 2010

A nice day

Today was a very nice day.  I spent the afternoon with a good friend that I don't get to spend one on one time with very often.  I'm so thankful that she suggested setting aside time to visit because I always have good intentions but rarely follow through or take the time to plan things like this.  I wonder why.  Sometimes I feel guilty taking time to do things purely for my own enjoyment.  What if someone needs something or it interferes with what everyone else is doing?  Every once in a while it's ok to say that I have plans and they'll have to work around it, right?
Anyway, we had a very nice time and afternoon slipped into evening and we were still chatting and sharing.    We talked about our children, our lives, faith, friendship and hope.  It was lovely.  And I felt like I could be sure my name was safe in her mouth. 

2 thoughts about my meanderings:

alinehuey said...

I was here reading. It's in the planning, putting it on the calendar.
There was a time that I cried I was so lonely for companionship with much time on my hands. The older I get the more there is to do and I am more self contained We say we should do this, do that, go on a daytrip, etc. but unless we put a date on the calendar we don't do it.

Sharon said...

That's so true and so sad. I work around everyone else's schedule and feel guilty planning something for myself so I do what needs to be done and if something comes up on the spur of the moment, I do it. Planning doesn't seem to work for me right now. Seems that when I make plans, inevitably something else comes up that is more important and I have to change them anyway.

Popular Meanderings