September 2, 2010

I can hear it in her voice

My college girl is doing well.  Making a few friends, getting along with her roommates so far and finding her way around campus.  Classes are going well so far, too.  But I can hear the hesitancy in her voice.  Now that things are beginning to settle in, she's a little homesick.  I guess that's to be expected.  There are still lots of new and exciting things to find out.  Like her dorm mates wanting her to go "bridge jumping"  this weekend!  Yes, mom is being stretched...a lot!  I wish I could run down there and give her a hug.  There are times when this is harder than others.  This past year and a half has stretched me in many ways,too.  New experiences for her are new challenges for mom.  Such is life.

My younger daughter has her first soccer game of the season tomorrow.  She's going to try out for the backup goalie position.  She wasn't going to play but her friends encouraged her to go out for the team and I think she's glad she did. 

Lots of changes and new experiences for all of us now.  Not sure I'm ready but I don't think anyone is waiting for me to get set!  So, here we go....!

0 thoughts about my meanderings:

Popular Meanderings