September 9, 2010

New beginnings

There are a lot of things that are changing in our lives and I suspect it's only the beginning.  New people, new places, new relationships, new routines, more travel, more opportunies, less and less of what we had.  Being stubborn about change the way that I am, I can't say it's all good.  There are so many things about the way things were that I'll miss.  And I know there will be new experiences that will be just as good as the old ones...but it won't be the same.  I just wish that I could go back and fix all the mistakes I've made and do the things I didn't get to do.  But worms won't fix this.  It's just time to accept some things as they are and welcome the changes because there's not much I can do to stop them.  I'm not saying I would if I could, just that I'm terribly sorry to let go of the past as it was only to remember with fondness the days of yore.  I guess that's where it's kept alive for those snowy days when the power goes out and we sit around the Victorola with the fire blazing; sipping cocoa and talking about the good ol' days.
"Hey, do you remember the time that ________ got her head stuck in a sweater?"  or "Remember when _______ was afraid of vampirates?"  "Remember when we had tea parties together in the cardboard house?" "Can we make sugar on snow, Mommy?"  The dents are still in the kitchen table where _________used to sit in her highchair banging her spoon for food!  And Ariel will always make me think of a little girl with a big head of hair and a sweet voice who sang to herslf in the mirror.  "Hey, remember how scared Mom was of the snake we found?"  "Here's the picture of ___________sleeping in the bath tub while we were working on the house."
Ahhh...those were much simpler times that have slipped by all too quickly.  So, yeah, worms wouldn't even touch this.

0 thoughts about my meanderings:

Popular Meanderings