April 9, 2010

Feeling kinda sad

My baby girl started her first job today!  So I'm here all alone for a few hours.  It makes me kinda sad to think how close I am to being in an empty nest...not liking that at all.  Guess I'd better get into some chores to keep myself busy.  Otherwise I'll think about it way too much.  I mean, I have several years to go but I know it's coming. 

2 thoughts about my meanderings:

Unknown said...

PERFECT timing to get that greenhouse going. I guess we will all as mom's have those moments FOREVER, but there will be more firsts. First day of school, first job, first boyfriend, first weekend away, first sad break-up, engagement, mother of the bride, grandma, and then all the firsts of the NEW WEE ones! I get sad all the time and mine are only 9 and 6. I get ya:)

Sharon said...

Thanks, Molly! Lord willing I'll get to see all those firsts and more. Although I could do without the first sad break-up! It's all exciting but bittersweet at the same time.

Popular Meanderings