April 20, 2010

Trying new things

You may remember my young friend, Zach, who is doing all kinds of interesting things in his garden and kitchen.  He's really busy with his garden and studies right now but he's promised to share a little about his coffee adventures when he can find the time.

Zach loves to bake.  Not just simple recipes, he makes all kinds of things.  I love biscotti but have never tried to make my own, but Zach has.  So I decided to give it a try.  The recipes are from the Joy of Baking website.  My husband really likes anise so I tweaked the almond biscotti recipe a little.  It turned out very well.  It's not very hard to make, it just takes a few extra steps.  I also made the chocolate/hazelnut recipe leaving out the extra baking chocolate chunks because I didn't have any on hand.   The first batch I made was chocolate chip/almond.  I'm still trying to decide which one I like best!

0 thoughts about my meanderings:

Popular Meanderings