March 1, 2012

The Wall #38

Jenny MatlockI suspect this week's prompt from Jenny ties in with some events in her life this week. She's given us 100 words plus our prompt to write a tale.  I'm still continuing my story of The Wall that centers around some family intrigue.


Let me take a moment to share a few photos of a lovely lady who passed away last week.  This is my husband's grandma who lived 99 incredible years and loved her family so much ~ all 80+ of them!
We'll miss her very much.

And now my take on this week's Saturday Centus prompt.

~These words were written on the back of the photo. I looked questioningly at Anna.  She smiled, nodding her head....the man was Grandpa. He had been Matthew's best man. Their hospitality to me no longer spoke only of Old World charm but of deep friendship.
Another picture showed Anna in a large chair with children scattered around her feet. She was being honored by her family on her wedding day. The chair dominated the small room like a throne. She looked like a princess in her wedding dress.
As I opened my mouth to ask a question, she put her finger to her lips and winked.~

Pondering My Meanderings...
with much herbal love,
Wanderer

3 thoughts about my meanderings:

Judee said...

How lovely, I liked how she put her finger to her lips and winked, some pistures need no words.

Unknown said...

Sweet story. Thanks for sharing.
Best wishes,
Anna
Marias's New Chair" for SCwk 95

Jenny said...

Oh my. What a lovely lady. I'm so sorry for your loss. I think the world weeps when lovely souls like this pass.

Sending you a hug and sincere sympathies (even though I am very late with this).

I can see the wink now.

I can see her in my minds eye...loving life and being loved.

Thank you for sharing this.

Popular Meanderings