September 17, 2011

The Wall #15

Jenny Matlock

Jenny!  You wicked girl!  This week's challenge is to write a lyrical rhyme to the tune of Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star with 32 words including the prompt In the Autumn.  Click the Saturday Centus button to join the fun and read other rhymes.

In a effort to write a continuing story with each new prompt, I've been adding to my story, The Wall for 14 weeks.  Last time I wrote:

~ She said the recipe had been handed down from her grandmother who baked bread and pizza in an outdoor oven.
As we sat there sharing stories, a boy of about 12 years came running down the hall, slowing to a walk as he neared my open door. He stopped outside and smiled impishly.
"Mother, may I ride my bike to Tommy's house?” After questions about homework and chores were answered to her satisfaction, she sent him off with a warning to be home before dark.
We laughed as he dashed down the hall and out the door with wings on his heels.~

Here's my contribution today...

~He sang this verse;

"Swirling, Twirling, down they fall,
Gently sweeping over all.
Spreading color everywhere,
Piling up with nary a care.
In the Autumn, leaves alight
Painting such a lovely sight!"~

25 thoughts about my meanderings:

Deborah said...

Wonderful! ... I am enjoying singing along to these :o)

Lynn said...

Great poem and how fun that you worked it into your story:@)

Kim Lehnhoff said...

Good job! They do make a lovely sight - but who wants to rake?

Debra Gray-Elliott said...

Love this one...

Erika said...

Beautiful! I can imagine the leaves swirling around right now.

Erika
Artful Rising

Rinkly Rimes said...

Very picturesque.

Nonna said...

Beautiful and excellent...loved this !!!

jfb57 said...

Wonderful! You have painted a great picture of autumn here!


There's a picture prompt here if you fancy it! http://jfb57.wordpress.com/2011/09/12/100-word-challenge-for-grown-ups-week-10/

jabblog said...

Clever way to weave it into your ongoing saga:-)

Unknown said...

And your word play painted a lovely visual as well.

Judie said...

Clever way to keep the story going!!!

Cheryl said...

Oh, that follows along with the rest so nicely.

cj Schlottman said...

This is so visual and lilting! I love it, especially this phrase,

"in the Autumn, leaves alight
Painting such a lovely sight!"

Namaste..........cj

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

musical and enjoyable.
smiles.

Ames said...

That was perfect! Bravo!~Ames

Susan Anderson said...

Nice. And I liked the intro, too!

=)

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful images of leaves in motion. I really like this.

Jo said...

wonderful little verse, i love the last line!

Viki said...

Bravo, I can't believe you continued the story. Just so beautifully done, ha.

Maude Lynn said...

That's lovely!

Unknown said...

Very nice.
What a chore to keep your storyline going! I couldn't do it!
Best wishes,
Anna

Sharon said...

Thanks for visiting and following along with my tale! I appreciate all your kind thoughts!

Dazee Dreamer said...

beautiful. so good.

Anonymous said...

"painting such a lovely sight"

Jenny said...

This was perfect! I loved singing this one.

And you really, really made this look easy!

Popular Meanderings