September 11, 2011

Keeping on track

Sometimes its hard for me to keep on track.  You know, being the meanderer that I am, I sort of float along with all these things on my "to do" list but never really get to cross them off because I'm so scatterbrained that I start one thing and then get distracted by another.  Gets discouraging after a while.
 
Have you ever had that "hurry up and wait" feeling?  Like you know something's coming and you just can't seem to focus on anything else until that particular thing is over.  But then, there's another thing...and another thing...people taking over your time and you can't seem to be able to control it.  I just want to take a little time to sit in my kitchen garden and enjoy it.  Or hulahoop... or walk in the woods... or read a book without feeling guilty or like I'm stealing time away from something more important.

It's not my husband and kids, it's all the outside stuff that comes up and demands that I pay attention.  I know, that probably sounds selfish but I don't mean to.  Sometimes I think I just need some time when I'm not so distracted to spend, not necessarily alone, but just being...of course if that were to happen, I'd probably fall asleep!  5-6 hours of sleep each night isn't enough and a nap is completely unheard of. 

Right now I feel like Bilbo...butter spread over too much toast.

Pondering My Meanderings,
Wanderer

2 thoughts about my meanderings:

Unknown said...

have a sweet time today, bless you.

believe in yourself,
do what you love.

thanks

Unknown said...

You’ve got superb talent in creative writing,
Keep it up.

Please check out short story slam week 10 prompt today.

It is great to write and entertain our children,
Don’t you agree?

Give it a try,
Let your beautiful imagination fly.

Best.
Happy Autumn!
xoxox

Popular Meanderings