April 2, 2012

The Wall #42

Jenny MatlockWe're closing in on two years of Saturday Centus prompts from our fearless leader, Jenny Matlock.  I've only been along for the ride for 40+ weeks and I've been having such a good time dreaming up an ongoing story that works within her guidelines.  Today, she's given us 100 words plus the prompt.

Here we go!

Walking past the bakery, I noticed a man leaning over the counter as if to tell the baker a secret but speaking boisterously. 
 Through the screen door, I heard, "I'm living the dream, man...nothing's gonna get in my way. Once I've finished this job, I'll be rollin' in dough!" 
The baker smiled a wry smile and shook his head. He looked up as I passed and quickly looked away. The fellow began to turn around but something told me to duck out of sight.
Judging by the slang he'd used, the fellow was an American. Did this have something to do with me? ~

Pondering My Meanderings...
with much herbal love,
Wanderer

0 thoughts about my meanderings:

Popular Meanderings