April 2, 2012

The Wall #43

Jenny MatlockJenny's reached the 100th Saturday Centus and in honor of that milestone, she's using her very first prompt over again.  This one is more lengthy than her later prompts and poses a challenge much more specific.  She's giving us a word limit of 100 words plus the prompt to see where life takes us.  To join in with your own take on this story line or read what others have written, click on the Saturday Centus badge to the left.
Here's my spin...

 ~ My untied shoelace changed my life. As I leaned down to retie it, I kicked away a few leaves. When I turned my head slightly to look where the leaves had been, I was astonished to see a rubber-banded wad of hundred dollar bills nestled in a little indention in the muddy ground.
I stood up slowly and took a nonchalant look around. There didn't appear to be anyone watching so I finished tying my shoe and scooped up the bundle as casually as I could considering how fast my heart was beating. Once I'd stashed it in my bag, I peered into the opening, turning the soggy bundle over. There was a note attached that read, “If you want the key, meet me at 7PM at the old house. Bring the money. Come alone.”
Feeling like a deer, caught in the headlights, I slowly lowered my bag and looked around, again. ~

Pondering My Meanderings...
with much herbal love,
Wanderer

4 thoughts about my meanderings:

Susan Anderson said...

Ahhhh, the plot thickens!

=)

anitamombanita said...

It scares me to think who might be waiting ...guess we'll find out next Saturday, eh?! Nicely done.

Judie said...

I'll trade her the key for that money!!!

Jenny said...

What's the key for?

Wait!

Uh oh. Now she has a dilemma. A big dilemma.

Wow, this set me to thinking. I'm getting ready to go for a morning walk...I'll be taking your story along with me in my head!

Popular Meanderings