August 8, 2011

Isolation and Confinement

Sometimes I feel like I am completely isolated, confined to a place dictated by others.  I think that must be how children feel sometimes.  They can't be who they want to be because others put them in a certain spot and hold them there.  Maybe rightfully so, maybe not.  Know what I mean? 

And then there are times when I wonder...am I the one who put these wall here?  In my heart, I'd break free in a moment.  But I don't...I can't...why?  Because old habits die hard?  Because the opinion of someone who is really important to me has made such a deep impression on my life that I can't shake it? 

Maybe deep down, I know the truth...or when I'm strong, I can break out of this "place" but when I'm weak, I don't even have to think about it and all the old ideas come rushing in and put me right back where I started.  Squashed and confined to misled opinions based on assumptions that are the figment of someone else's unhappy life. 
I'm not that person...people think they know me but they don't.  Maybe the worst part is that they don't take the time to see me for who I am...I'm more than the box they've assigned to me.  But, it's more comfortable to keep me here in this "place" because it makes them feel better about themselves. 

But, there is someone who thinks I'm valuable, more than just a stepping stone.  And my heart belongs to Him.

Pondering My Meanderings,
Wanderer

1 thoughts about my meanderings:

Jenny said...

What a poignant post. http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2010/07/independence-day.html

Popular Meanderings