January 2, 2011

A Brand New Year

Well, we're kicking off the new year with two very sick teens.  Been up most of the night since we brought in the new year together on the stroke of midnight with one already feeling miserable.  It hit the other one around 3:30AM.  The helpless feeling you have is really discouraging.

A time for review...this year has brought a lot of changes for our family.  Some good and some...well, not so good.  The biggest change was my oldest going to Virginia to college.  And of course it seemed very hard at first but she is doing very well and finished the semester with a 3.60 GPA.  There are lots of new friends in her life plus she and her roommate have become very close.  I'm so thankful for that because I know what a worry that was for her.  We got to see her perform on stage with an awesome group of students and staging capabilities in the new campus theater.  Beautiful costuming, too. 
Another change for me was the start of a new blog that focuses on herbal remedies, crafts and personal products, sustainable living, whole foods, gardening, crafting, and much more.  You can read it here at The Woodwife's Journal.

My youngest daughter, who is homeschooling, started high school this year. Still trying to wrap my head around that! It's been a little challenging because I was out of the house for 6 hours every day for the first 6 weeks. She was working on her studies and a few helpful chores while I was gone and we looked over her work when I came home but it was a big change for us. Things are a little closer to normal now and I'm looking for ways to supplement our income from home so we don't have to deal with that again.

I'm still struggling with a few health issues but I think I've a better handle on how to deal with them.  My Anemia seems to be improving a bit.

Due to the lack of sleep with the flu in house, I'll sign off for now and write more later.

0 thoughts about my meanderings:

Popular Meanderings