June 18, 2011

The Wall - continued

Continued...


Turning the stone to wedge it into the wall, I realized it's unique hue and shape...like it was made for a specific place from a different kind of stone. As I scraped a bit of lichen from it's side, I discovered a cavity. Thinking it may hold a fossil or bit of clay, I was curious to see what time had deposited there. As I dug the debris from the hole, I felt my knife strike something solid. Quickly, I poured the contents into my hand. And there, within the stone, wrapped in a scrap of oilcloth, was a tarnished, brass key.

From a story prompt @
Jenny Matlock

15 thoughts about my meanderings:

Bookie said...

Beautifully written and draws the reader right to wonder what is next.

jeff campbell said...

Quite crafty indeed to use this prompt in continuing from last week...well done!! Peace and blessings

Koby said...

and then.....(ohh, how I love a good mystery)..??? Nice job!

Christine said...

ooh, what will it open, please continue it next week.

Ames said...

Oh goody. A key to something unknown....maybe a treasure? A door? I want to know more.~Ames

Nonna said...

Excellent job !

You continue a wonderful story to draw me into the mystery and now I want to read more !!!

cj Schlottman said...

This is beautifully written with solid images and tactile qualities. I could feel the knife hit the key! Great job. Oh, and wonderful how you tagged it onto last week's prompt.

Namaste..........cj

Susan Anderson said...

Pretty cool! And yes, like the others, I am left wanting to know more.

Which means you've done a great job here.

=)

Judie said...

I totally agree with Claudia! Your classic writing style is just so excellent!!

Karen S. said...

Oh this is like music to my ears...very creative and begs for our attention...

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

The mystery continues. You're building a good story, here. Nice use of the prompt.

Sharon said...

Thanks for all the wonderful comments! It's really encouraging to me! Hope I can keep this story going.

Dazee Dreamer said...

nooooo, don't leave us hanging

Jo said...

a cliff hanger, excellent!!! I do hope you can keep this story going!

Jenny said...

Oooh. I like this! What intrique. Hope to see you continue this story...although I already wrote the prompt for Saturday and I'm afraid it might be impossible!

Popular Meanderings