November 3, 2010

A tweaking of my world view

As I mentioned earlier, I'm working through a worldview course with my 9th grade homeschooled daughter.  As we were reading together today a thought/picture popped into my head and it's been flittering (my word)around my brain trying to form in to a complete idea that I could share.  It involves a bit of tweaking to my present world view because even though I've always thought of God as the center of my life, I've never really pictured it this way.  Here's a rough idea of what I saw.

As we look at the whole scheme of existence, we often look at the earth as the center of the universe or of creation.  Perhaps our view of life, and/or how we live it, would change dramatically if we looked at all of creation with heaven at the center of things.  Imagine God at the center of a sphere with his all seeing eye and all knowing (omniscient) mind able to view what's going on around Him at the same time (omnipresent).  Almost like time standing still at the very center and moving on as usual on the sphere where we live and maybe in retrospect at layers closer to the center that represent times past...HIStory.  Then as the sphere expands beyond our level, and grows bigger, there is anticipation with the foreknowledge of what's to come as His view can fathom the depths of eternity.

As HIStory progresses, and HIS plan becomes reality, instead of thinking of heaven as "somewhere, out there" in the vast expanses of space (which can be very intimidating) it's at the core of all that there is.  Some levels or eras are a bit brighter than others, such as the years when Christ lived on earth.  And as Christians pass and their souls become absent from the body and present with the Lord, the strength of the core of Heaven surrounding God is strengthened.  Eventually as the timeline for our (man's) earthly existence begins to wind down, that core is preparing for an expansion that will rock the universe.

Whew!  I don't think that's the whole thing but it's a big start.

0 thoughts about my meanderings:

Popular Meanderings