August 8, 2013

The End is Here!

It's finally happened.
It's over and done.

When we began to prepare my youngest daughter's portfolio in preparation for her 11th grade homeschool evaluation, she asked me how many credits she needed to take in her senior year to graduate.  I pulled out past years and added this year's credits to it, and what do yo know?  She didn't need ANY more!  I added them over and over again to make sure I hadn't done something wrong.  I double checked the homeschool law for our state.  Nope she'd worked hard and I didn't realize how far she'd come.
Our evaluator reviewed her portfolio and the homeschool requirements and she agreed that there didn't seem to be any classes lacking.
To make a long story short, my youngest daughter is now a high school graduate and I am officially retired as a homeschool teacher!

Congratulations, Squirt!  You've become quite a young lady and I'm so proud of you!  I'll always cherish the time we spent together huddled over algebra, trying to work it out together.  And reading The Squire's Tales aloud over and over all those years ago.  All the reenactment fun we had, the soap demos and making butter.  Learning things together with you and Goosie!  May God bless you as you look to see what God has in store for your future!

Now what shall I do?
First, I think I'll sell some of these textbooks!  Ebay, anyone?

Pondering My Meanderings...
with much herbal love,
Wanderer

0 thoughts about my meanderings:

Popular Meanderings